Construction Materials Management
Materials management to ensure your project uses sustainable construction materials
The SmartWaste Materials module enables construction materials management, tracking the purchase and use of certified and non-certified materials on your construction projects. Data can be recorded for construction materials including timber, brick and block, structural steel, plasterboard, insulation, and many more. This can be helpful for ensuring you achieve sustainable construction materials across your project.
Our construction materials management capability comprehensively records and monitors suppliers’ certificates to ensure responsible sourcing standards are implemented. The system supports FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) and PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) programmes for timber, BES6001 for construction materials like plasterboard and insulation, BS8902 CARES scheme, Eco-Reinforcement for reinforcing steel, and ISO14001 for Environmental Management System Certification.
Using construction materials management also allows principal contractors to demonstrate the sustainability of material used for each project and incentivise more widespread use of sustainable construction materials. The system requires the collection of evidence that supports these sustainable choices. This also links with the BREEAM standard, which awards credits for both responsible sourcing and use of more sustainable construction materials.
SmartWaste Materials Management provides…
- Track the purchase and use of certified and non-certified materials, enabling efficient materials management
- Manage sourcing data for timber, brick and block, structural steel, plasterboard, insulation, and many more.
- Ensure responsible sourcing standards are implemented, recording and monitoring suppliers’ certificates.
- Adhere to industry sustainability standards including FSC, PEFC, BES6001, BS8902 CARES, Eco-Reinforcement, and ISO14001 and use more sustainable construction materials.
- Link with the BREEAM standard for responsible sourcing.
Benefits of SmartWaste’s materials management include
- Ensure the use of certified, sustainable construction materials on your projects to deliver environmental benefit
- Evidence sustainable choices using our materials management tool to achieve BREEAM standards and Client expectations
- Adhere to industry standards regarding sustainability and sustainable construction materials.
Get your SmartWaste demo
Get your free demo of SmartWaste, and find out how our tool can help you with construction materials management, to increase sustainable construction materials use on your site.
Get your free SmartWaste demo
Contact the SmartSite team
For SmartWaste enquiries, contact the SmartSite team.
03330 430 644
or visit the contact page.