Ecological Impact & Biodiversity Management
Limit ecological impact and enable effective biodiversity management on your construction site
The ecology and biodiversity module allows clients to measure the impact of their construction project on the local habitat. This impact can be positive or negative. Ecological impact management is key to minimising harmful effects of construction. The tool offers the ability to capture and store key site data including all ecology surveys undertaken, the planting and removal of trees on site, and the installation of bird and bat boxes.
Users can also use this module to produce a comprehensive ecological impact action plan based on simple drop down lists to track the status and completion of all necessary actions on site as recommended from ecology surveys.
The ecological impact of the building on the local ecosystem, bio-diversity and land use has taken on a new importance and is no longer seen as an afterthought to a new development. Its contribution to community build has been re-evaluated to the extent that it is now a major part of BREEAM, as well as Convention of Biological Diversity (CBD), Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 and UK Biodiversity Action Plan (UKBAP).
SmartWaste Ecological & Biodiversity Management provides…
- Measure the impact of construction projects on the local habitat. Ecological impact management and biodiversity management ensures negative impacts are minimised.
- Capture and record key site data including all ecology surveys undertaken, the planting and removal of trees on site, and the installation of bird and bat boxes, for comprehensive ecological impacts management.
- Produce a comprehensive action plan to track the status and completion of all necessary actions from ecology surveys.
- Contributes to community build as a part of BREEAM,
- Support the Convention of Biological Diversity (CBD), Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 and UK Biodiversity Action Plan (UKBAP)
Benefits of SmartWaste’s Ecological Impact and Biodiversity Management
- Ensure the local wildlife stays protected during your project.
- Meet your ecological and biodiversity management compliance obligations.
- Evidence that actions identified in ecology surveys have been addressed.
Get your SmartWaste demo
Get your free demo of SmartWaste, and find out how you can start performing ecological impact management and biodiversity management on your sites.
Get your free SmartWaste demo
Contact the SmartSite team
For SmartWaste enquiries, contact the SmartSite team.
03330 430 644
or visit the contact page.