Why it matters
The new bulk upload function saves time by allowing you to upload multiple staff transport data entries, for multiple projects into SmartWaste at once. It also improves accuracy and data quality by minimising direct transaction entry and enabling manipulation of data stored in other systems.
You can now find an “add data” tab which has been created at the group and business unit level. A left-hand menu aids navigation so that you can easily add data pages for staff transport. The existing project spend upload has also been located here.
How it works
A reference data document is provided to help you upload your data. The document lists the details you will need for project name, staff type, mode of transport, vehicle type, and fuel type in order to complete your data template. This includes ID numbers needed by SmartWaste to upload your data.
On each of the company-level “add data” pages you will find:
- A csv template to download and complete with your data
- A csv reference data document for staff transport
- A detailed guidance document explaining how to use the new company-level bulk upload function
- A location to upload your completed file
- A link to view past uploads – here you can see all previous uploads, view any associated error reports, and delete a bulk upload if necessary
The documents are provided in a csv format to make it easier to copy and paste rows within the sheet. This enables data to be quickly collated into a format which is suitable for uploading to SmartWaste. This is useful if you are repeating similar movements or journeys. If data is stored elsewhere, the csv format is also useful for manipulating data before uploading to SmartWaste.
Browse the latest insights, thinking and case studies from SmartSite
Save time and improve accuracy by uploading staff transport data in bulk with the latest version of SmartWaste